June 30, 2010

The Zoo and More Card Drops

I wish I had some new pics of a few new bags Hannah has made, but like I said, her camera crapped out on us too and I haven't been over there in a couple of days.  She made a new purse for a friend that is moving to DC, and she made her first diaper bag for her new daycare provider.  Do I really super a lot wish that she had been able to take pictures before she gave them away?  Um... YES.  Especially since they are gone now and it was her first diaper bag!  Oh well, that just means she will have to make more:)

It was a beautiful, sunny day here in the STL and it was finally not as humid or hot as it has been, so my son and I decided it would be a great day to go to the zoo!  We were right; it wasn't too terribly crowded and we got some good pics with my new camera.  We also did a few Card Drops along the way.  The zoo is only about a 30 minute walk from my apartment, so we also decided to just walk through Forest Park on our way home which provided some more great opportunities for picture taking.  Hope you enjoy the pics- we sure enjoyed the day!


a big kitty enjoying some afternoon sun

cool lookin' tortoise

the butterfly house was awesome


we didn't get around to seeing my favorite animal, but we snapped a pic of this sculpture on our way out

the penguins were keepin' cool...

...and so was Quent- what's a day at the zoo without Dippin Dots?


view of the Grand Basin from the top of Art Hill in Forest Park



the beautiful ladies in front of the St. Louis Art Museum


Quentin enjoying a waterfall in Forest Park

and some cards drops...

Hopefully, sometime Friday I will get over to Hannah's house and take some photos of her new creations (because I know she is making more- she's still trying to get caught up!)
So, more pics coming soon- because I can now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment