August 8, 2010

St. Louis Arch- General Store

Hannah and I live in St. Louis, MO- home of the Arch, Gateway to the West.  We grew up going to the Arch on field trips and hot summer days with our mom.  However, my son lives mostly in Indianapolis, IN and the last time he went up in the Arch was six years ago.  He's been wanting to go again for a while now, and the stars aligned on the last day of his summer vacation here in St. Louis; Quentin, my mom (who is recovering from six rounds of chemo) and I went this past Friday afternoon. 

While I didn't get any pics of the outside of the Arch (anyone can see that!), I got some good ones inside, under, and up top.  After we got our tickets to ride the little pods up, we had a little over an hour to kill before we could line up, so we went to this old General Store under the Arch- I couldn't get enough of the displays!

























um... I want!



















I think maybe I need this- the Elixir of Love, not the Gardener... :)




it doesn't get better than old-school wooden alphabet blocks!






















            
                     I sorta' have an obsession with Phrenology heads- my mom has one and I made a version of one in a ceramics class in college-I regret selling it at a garage sale :(


my mom and Quent stopped for some checkers while I took more pictures

I just love all the old stuff in the store!  And if you can't tell, I couldn't get enough pictures; sometimes it's fun to be a tourist in your own city.  I'll show you our trip to the top of the Arch in another post- I'm wiped out just from posting these pics!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment